Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's all mine...

...ok, so Wells Fargo "owns" 80% of it.  So far.  That'll be changing soon. ;-)

My Realtor, Debbee, and my mortgage consultant, Jennifer, are very excited for me.  Maybe I'm seeing all the work still involved before I can actually live in my new place so the excitment for me is greatly diminished.  Or maybe it's just my personality.  Yeah, I say it's  my personality. ha

BUT, I was excited enough to go buy paint samples yesterday afternoon and start painting in the kitchen and living room.  Dea and kiddos came by in the afternoon and we had a picnic on the living room floor by the fireplace, then while the kids ran around like little wild Cowboys and Indians (they love all the open space!), Dea and I narrowed down my paint colors.  Off we went to Home Depot to pick up the little sample pots...and then I painted (for the very first time, I believe) the interior walls.  Ok, so just sections of the walls.  I've painted exterior walls years ago, but don't ever remember painting inside.  That's hard work!   At least painting with a little foam "brush" of yellow in the kitchen and "Clair de Lune" in a little of the kitchen and in the living room was brutal!!  Then I pulled out the cute "Tiny Touch-up Kit" roller and "pan" and dipped into the "Red Pepper" paint and in a fraction of the time it took to paint with the foam, I painted a large block of color above the fireplace.  As you can tell from the picture below, a left-brained person has been let loose with a paint brush in my living room.  Seriously, it wasn't intentional to be so structured!!!

 

This picture is just to the left of the kitchen sink...that light switch is for the garbage disposal...



After work today I'll buzz by and make sure the colors look OK with all the natural light blasting in from the three south facing windows and the patio door.

1 comment:

  1. I love to paint, wish I could help. Done a lot of it, but my radius is only ten miles.

    Delete delete delete, just deleted some unasked for advice! LOL
    MEN!

    ReplyDelete